This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 43: "Ballgame!"

We took a vacation day.  I read a new Dee Henderson book all day...and yes, my eyes did get stuck on "close-focus" mode, so that when I looked far away, everything was blurry.

Then we went to a Pirate game with Steve.  (It took awhile to be able to see clearly!  It's tough getting older!)  It smelled good.  I think that's one of the joys of seeing games live...the smell of hot dogs, nacho chips, etc.

We got one home-run, so yahoo for being able to see the short fireworks as our guy ran the bases!  Even though we lost, it was a close game, filled with angst and desperate hope, and "aw...shucks!"  Dan picked seats so that he could also see the Pittsburgh city skyline, and his brother was sitting next to him, so it definately was a taste of home!  Thanks for the pleasure of your company, Steve!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like heaps of fun - I love those foods!! :-) glad it was a restful day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I finally remembered my password!! This is why I never comment :-P

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: