This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 40: "Someone Famous?!"

Was it, or was it not Big Ben, the quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers?  In the grocery store?  With his wife and little girl?  Just ahead of us in the checkout line?  Sure looked like him.  Dan commented to him that his little girl was sure cute, and he said, "She sure is!"  (Voice checked out.)

What does a person say in a situation like that?  "Excuse me, are you a famous person?"  Or should he be ignored like a stranger so as to preserve his privacy?  (I have to admit I was sort of glancing at his legs to see if they were scarred up from playing football...then I remembered, this is football, not rugby.  Footballers have padding.)  Tee Hee  

3 comments:

Please talk back to us, we like it: