This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Day 23: "Leigh's Home!"

It's good seeing Leigh again (She finished with her camp counselling, and Marijke drove up to bring her home today)...but this cousin of yours kept laughing at what we old people said when we played Crazy Rummy at night!

For instance, when I mentioned Dan and I balanced each other out on the teeter totter of life...she giggled and said she had to write that down.

And when Grandma said, "Life is hard..." and Marijke added "...and then you die!", Leigh giggled and took more notes!  

And when I mentioned about Dan's high school sweetheart giving him hair barettes for his long hair, I just concluded with:  "And that was the beginning of the end for her!"  ...More giggling, more note taking!

I truly think the girl needs her cousins to bring balance on HER teeter totter of life before we drive her around the bend! (Or maybe just a good night's sleep will help in coping with all the middle-aged people surrounding her!)

1 comment:

  1. I think next social gathering I'll chuckle at things people say and then scribble on a note pad. I bet everyone would find that slightly unsettling. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: