This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Monday, August 19, 2013

Day 34: "Speak up"

Two Dans
Today (Sunday) was our Big Day Out - so big that Kaylynn's wiped out (yes, this is me, Dan, writing) - we spoke for 15 minutes at all three services of Leesburg United Methodist Church, and for the youth time (during the middle service).  So from 8:00 to about 12:30, we were jumping from place to place (trying to talk to people in the 15 minutes between services) and sharing our hearts about the Islands, particularly Papua New Guinea.  The people were wonderful and very encouraging  - at least those who we were able to talk to.  We saw many people that we knew from last year when we helped with their Vacation Bible School.  And we reconnected with 2 of the youth that we got to know last year - it was great to see them again!
Olives, and olives, and olives!!


The seafood restaurant in the middle of the grocery store!
On our way home from church we stopped by the grocery store to pick up some items for our "meet the missionary" party this evening [the one no body came to :-( ], and that was an exciting adventure!  It was like a little village with little shop roofs over some of the sections.  And I discovered the olives - I said "here's lots of olives... and more... and more... oh my, there are 2 rows of olives" (I was a bit excited at seeing more olives in one place than I have ever seen before). 

And they also had a seafood restaurant right in the middle of the grocery store and lots of people were eating freshly cooked seafood - it smelled good, but looked a bit wierd.

But not as wierd as this metre (3 foot) high spiderman balloon for sale right above the cakes & pies :-).

Kaylynn should come back tomorrow - after our relaxing drive back to Pittsburgh!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, what an adventure! I'm glad you got to see your Leesburg friends, I'm sorry no one came to your party and wow, olives, wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you'd like the olives - it was very impressive. If I lived here, I'd try a different one every week :-)

      Delete
  2. I can't believe nobody came! Who got to eat all of your food? Job well done on a hard days work. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had lots of little cupcakes left over and Rebekah will find deserving mouths for them :-)

      Delete
  3. It was sad no one came. Don't worry..the cupcakes won't go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry no one turned up =( Olives!

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: