This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 19: Guess the Card!

Sue Schneider belongs to a local art group.  They choose themes every year and then put on a show.  One year their theme was playing cards.  Each artist was assigned a suit and number of a playing card to illustrate.  This was Sue's:


(It was a "fiber-art" group, so Sue's piece is made out of fabric, with embroidered faces and metal shovels.)  It's a picture of them, their fishpond, and the picture window from their house in the background.  Can you guess the playing card it represents (suit and number)?  Here are three others from different artists that I thought were great.

















5 comments:

  1. 2 of Spades? Had to really think about it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahaha that was my guess too!! You beat me :-P cool idea for an art project :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 of spades, 9 of clubs, Jack of Diamonds, and 5 of clubs. That's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. AAH, Jack of Diamonds! Wasn't sure about that one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was, 'cause I read the title of the picture. I totally guessed the 2 of Spades all legitly, though.

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: