After a lovely time with the Mairoses (and being spoiled by Donnie's cooking,) we embarked via the Turnpike back to Latrobe. All of a sudden traffic ground to a halt...then a creep. A firetruck whizzed by, followed by a police car, and another fire engine. There was an accident, which looked terrible at first, but thankfully it looked like no one was hurt. First we came across a dead deer in the road, then the car and trailer on their sides. You know how I like to spot deer...Now I'm not so anxious to see one from the car!
On the plus side of the day, we listened to more Sherlock Holmes stories on our CD during our long drive, and enjoyed coffee from Starbucks (purchased with the help of the gift voucher from the Leesburg Church for doing their Bible school.)

AND...What would you do if you had to print a prayer letter and the nearest Kinko's was in Harrisburg (which is right next to Hershey's Chocolate World)?
Wow, you could make up drama like that! A car crash with a deer that flips the car and its trailer followed by an umexpected trip to Chocolate World!?! =) I also like the photo in the car with dad and the coffees. =)
ReplyDelete*couldn't
DeleteThe car & trailer were at least 30 metres down the road from the deer, so it must have swerved a bit before flipping over. I took the picture for you all by sticking my phone out the window over my head (I felt a bit disrespectful).
ReplyDelete