Thursday, June 7, 2012
Day 16: Cooking!
It was my day to cook for the Schneiders. (During our days of overlap at the house, Sue cooked one dinner, and then I was to cook another the day before they left for their big trip.) When it was Sue turn, she made a lovely Chinese meal that was arranged artfully on a platter, with fresh herbs on the top. She had a sauce that they had picked up when they were IN China...and she served mango sherbert with fresh mango and whipped cream for dessert.
Now it was my turn. No pressure. I was going to go to the store to pick up meat and look for inspiration, but Walter needed his own car to run errands (the one we were borrowing). Sue said I could use the chicken in the freezer, and I found an onion soup packet in the cupboard...so I just made my usual baked chicken with a little oil and onion soup, with potatos, salad, and beans. (Apple crisp for dessert.) Not very exotic, but hey. They appreciated it and we had a lovely time talking and laughing. It's been good getting to know them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think both Walt & Sue enjoyed it, and I think it looked wonderful (that's why I sneaked in & took a picture before we all sat down). In fact, Sure commented on how nice it looked and how wonderful it was [she's an artist and appreciates nice looking things :-)]. Oh, and do you like I also got Mr. Bigglesworth in the photo :-)
ReplyDeletenice
ReplyDeleteYeah. I'm impressed with the effort considering you're in someone else's house cooking with someone else's food. =)
ReplyDelete