Tomorrow's the big day! The moving sale starts at 9 am, but a couple of people have said the "dealers" will be here early.
The front bedroom had all Grandma's sewing stuff. It's sad for her to let all that go, but her fingers just won't hold a needle very well any more. (We put bedding stuff in there as well.) Prices are only on a couple of the multitude of things laid out.
There's two card tables as well as the dining table covered with teacups and glassware. We're in big trouble if someone wants to buy the tables first off!
Dad has worked from morning until night trying to sort and price everything in the garage. It looks so organized.
We put bookshelves on the patio by the swing, Christmas decorations on tables in front of the garage.
Grandma's friend from church came and bought a bunch of stuff already, and gave advice about some of the things for sale. Sandra and Dennis were here, too. Sandra found a necklace (VERY unusual...) she thought was silver. I found some silver polish and it cleaned up remarkablely well. Then she found my doll that wets and cries, and she said a collector might be interested in it. It was a little marked up, so I tried some of the silver polish on it. (Weird, I know, but I had it out and it worked really well!)
We'll have to get up really early and try to get organized. I'm having no trouble feeling humble and in need of God's help! How exciting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We'll post pictures tomorrow :-)
ReplyDeleteYou guys are awesome! Keep up the good work. =)
ReplyDeleteOh, if I were there, I'd buy a tea cup or two =)
ReplyDeleteIt's so sad to hear about all of Grandma's things being sold to stranger =(
ReplyDelete