This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 51: Time in Ottumwa!

I'm kinda sorry Dan preached on responding well to trials and troubles. We've just been doing some field testing on that subject.

Kerry and Marijke drove us to Ottumwa (2 1/2 hrs away) so we could check into a motel and leave on a train early the next morning. Instead of early morning, we didn't leave until after midnight. What with flooding in Nebraska, a train engine having to be replaced, and untold other obstacles, the train was over 15 hours late. While
we waited, we walked the town. Their was a really pretty park, with paths, playgrounds, trees, and tent camping.

We had to cross a highway bridge over the Des Moines River. We picked a good bridge going over...there actually was room to walk. Coming back to the station we hit a problem. Dan saw a short cut that looked like a bridge over a dam. The only problem was that it didn't completely cross to the other side. Dead end!

However, because we took a couple of wrong turns, we came across the statue of an Indian prince. The plaque read: "Truth lives in his heart." Wow! Wouldn't you like that said about you? I would!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun time!!! I'm just sad it happened under these circumstances. I'm glad you had fun exploring and looking at cool things =)

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: