We saved 3 old books from Grandma's moving sale to take back home with us. One was Captain Courageous, by Kipling, that belonged to my Uncle Bob. I took it on board the truck to read aloud because today was a long, flat, prairie drive through South Dakota. We got almost half-way through the book. I'm sure I didn't pronounce a lot of the words correctly, but we're getting the gist of the story. (Even though I haven't a clue to some of the ship terminology.)
Usually in a story, a problem is introduced fairly early on and most of the book is solving the problem. We haven't come to any particular problem yet...just a lot of character development. I wonder if the whole book is like that, or if a problem is coming that will be pleasantly resolved. (I like that kind the best!) It's pretty interesting, though, and it kept my driver awake! Well, that and the wind. (Boy, was the wind sweeping across the prairie today!)
We arrived in Worthington, Minn. tonight and will arrive at Kerry's house tomorrow.
(Pictures tomorrow!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" is a little like that. Ages and ages of discription and character developement until the very end when they're all attacked by a giant squid!! =)
ReplyDeleteYea - that would be good - I'll watch for the giant squid!
ReplyDelete