This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day 42: Bozeman or Bust!


We learned all about drivin' "big rigs" (well, sorta) as we crossed the Idaho Panhandle and drove on into Montana through the Rockies. The key was to pick up enough speed on the flat to take you up the hills. My hands got sweaty going down again. It reminded my of the louge in Rotorua. The part of the Rockies we passed through was call the Tabaco Root Mountains. (We've also passed through towns like Steptoe, WA and Fishtrap, WA yesterday!)

I'm on a mission to get a photo of a deer (or bear, or elk, or BEAR...). I've seen a deer both yesterday and today, but we passed by too quickly to get a snapshot. (I think I saw 2 bald eagles on a dead stump today, too!)

We just returned from dinner across the street from our motel at Famous Dave's. Because it's Father's Day here, both Kerry and Dan got a free bottle of BBQ sauce!


2 comments:

  1. Sounds fun! Do you all ride in the moving truck or does someone ride in Grandma's car?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man the ups and downs would freak me out! Haven't mustered up the courage to try the Luge yet =P Hope you have safe travels, Caleb says something along the lines of 'hi' (really a long, garbled sound that lasts for 5 minutes accompanied by crazy eyebrows and gestures).

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: