This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

2015 Furlough: "Sheetz and Muddy Sneakers!"

In the course of our travels, we have experienced ordering a sandwich at Sheetz (a place to fuel both your car and your stomach.)  To order, you must push a lot of buttons at a machine with lots of options.  By the end of telling the machine all my choices for toppings and condiments and bread and sides, I couldn't decide on the last question:  "Do you want your sandwich cut in half?"  There wasn't a button that said, "I don't care"...or..."Surprise me."  Because I paused too long in indecision, another screen came up. I pushed the wrong button, and had to start over again.  This time, for the last question, I just sort of ramdonly pushed at a button, and presto-chango, I decided that my sandwich should be cut in half.

In NY, we were treated to dessert by a lovely ministry partner at a local ice cream shop.  I think the shop was called "Lickety Split."  There were so many options of flavours that I decided to choose the kind of ice cream by its name.  My choice:  "Muddy Sneakers!"  Who could resist?  I think it had a vanilla base with a caramel swirl, filled with crunchy bits of flaked chocolate.  Very nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk back to us, we like it: