This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 43: I Could Have Been Rich!

If only we had a video photographer, we could have made big money on American's Funniest Videos! 

Because of some lightening strikes, we were late taking off in our plane in Pittsburgh.  (Some silly notion of not wanting to put suitcases in the plane during lightening possibilities...)  Needless to say, that made us late arriving in Chicago to make our connecting flight to Des Moines.  We had under 10 minutes to get from one side of the Chicago airport to the other...and it's a HUGE place.  Our choice was to make a run for it, or take up the offered overnight in Chicago and fly in the morning.

If you could have seen Dan.  I tried to keep up with his long legs, but wasn't doing too well.  So, he took all the carry-ons and took off, legs flying, bags flopping, people scurrying out of his way.  Meanwhile, I (a middle-aged, mother of 4) am trying to keep up while not having bladder issues.  I choose to alternate between trotting, waddling, and panting...bringing up the rear.

We arrive at our gate with no one standing in line and find (yahoo) our plane hasn't left yet. Trying to catch our breath, we board the plane and tumble into our seats.   With one minute to spare before the plane is scheduled to take off, we congratulate ourselves, and wait...and wait...and wait.  For more than a half hour we wait.  Some young, Asian students leisurely board...calmly...not a one panting or stumbling.

If only someone had it on film!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, good show! I am very impressed! Personally, I would have gone for the overnight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Julie =)
    Chicago is a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you wrote a book, I'd totally read it! =D

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: