This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Friday, July 13, 2012

Day 52: "Ruth!"

Kerry's adult Sunday school class has been reading through the Bible, relearning all the old Bible stories people heard as kids.  Last Sunday, we talked about Ruth...I'm still thinking about her.

Ruth chose to live in another culture...the culture of her spouse.  Naomi and she were grieving...but it seems Ruth was doing all the ministering.  Naomi's grief caused her to only see what God took away, but not what He'd given her.  (Ruth, as a person, seemed invisible as far as appreciation was concerned.  When Naomi told all her friends how empty she was, if I were Ruth I would have said, "What am I...chopped liver?")  I know, I know...grief is like that...but I'm just sayin'...

In desperate circumstances, Ruth didn't resort to desperate means.  (Boaz said she didn't go after younger men...which I suppose would secure her future.  3:10)  She didn't try to wriggle out of a hard situation, but faithfully worked hard at what was before her to do.

I like that!  In desperate circumstances, I don't have to be a desperate woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk back to us, we like it: