This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Day 58: "Confession!"

Don't tell anyone, but I must admit...I like Walmart.

I know it's a superstore that has put some small, cute little shops out of business.  I know it's not exactly "upmarket."  But...I tell ya what--In this hot weather, Walmart is air-conditioned.  In a strange land, it's a one-stop-shop.  In a world where pricing varies, you know you're going to get a pretty good deal.  If you're hungry, Walmart has a Subway.  While there, we even got Grandma's eyeglasses tightened so that they didn't keep sliding down her nose!

So now you know.  I'm not proud...but I am quietly thankful.


4 comments:

  1. I like the warehouse for the same reasons - some good deals, air-conditioned/heated, lots to choose from and I never feel bad leaving empty-handed :-) plus I'm fairly sure I'd lose my northlander status if I didn't like it :-P so I say nothing to feel guilty about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Everybody, I have just discovered that 16 comments that you all have made (out of hundreds) got stuck in Blogger waiting for me to publish them. I don't know why these got stuck, but they go back as far as day 15 :-( (sorry about that).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh speaking of shopping, if you guys have time would you be able to scout out some pregnancy vitamins for me? I take Thompson's Pregnacare - not sure if they have them there but apparently we get scalped on vitamins here so thought it might be worth checking :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: