This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day 56: "Shoes!"

My goodness.  To get Dan a pair of sport shoes when you live in Conrad, requires a trip to Cedar Falls (where there are actual shoe stores!)  People don't seem to mind travelling great distances around here.  Dan found his shoes, though, and we even had time to look next door at Kohl's (which is comparable to a bigger Farmer's in Auckland.)

Marijke and Drew weren't with us because Drew had a doctor's appointment (a specialist) two hours away in another direction.

Even though it's a pretty long straight road wherever you go, I think I'd still like a GPS because...what if you find out you've been driving down that straight road for an hour in the wrong direction?!

1 comment:

  1. Cedar Falls was about 50 minutes away. And, yes, Grandma needs a gps! And my shoes are great - and at least half price of what the same shoe would be in Auckland (if you could find the same shoe)! I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: