This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Day 8: Dancing Hines Ward

We finally saw Hines Ward on Dancing With the Stars. He was good...looking like he really was enjoying himself, looking relaxed and confident. We were at Steve's house...dinner and a show, what more could you want. Grandpa is spending the night and going with Steve to consult the surgeon tomorrow. (Maybe we will do a little secret agent birthday shopping while he is away!)

Dan and I stopped by Sheetz for coffee and Cheetos on the way home. (I feel a little decadent!)

About the greatest cultural difference we've noticed upon returning here is the way the newscast is done. Americans sound a little over-the-top to us...like they're hyped up on drugs or something. (I know this is a much more expressive culture. I guess it's a good thing I'm involved with the children's ministry in church when in NZ...where being overly expressive is a good thing.)

2 comments:

Please talk back to us, we like it: