This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Day 21: Happy Birthday #1


Well, Grandpa had his first birthday party today. The whole gang came to church (I think we increased the attendance count by 1/3.) The children's talk was singing Happy Birthday to Courter. Then Pastor Janet had people call out what they appreciated about him. (patience, faithful, sense of humour, gentle, etc.) After church they had a cake in his honour.

Then, it was Bevington Rd.'s turn. The gang all came to Grandpa's house for family party #1. (Kevin and Kim, and Barb and Roger have to leave in the morning before the Latrobe party.) It was a really fun time...except your younger cousins feel like it's not the same having us without you! (We don't quite carry the same "yahoo" factor I guess.)


We played your "Happy Birthday, Grandpa!" for the guys who are leaving in the morning and Grandpa. (We also showed them Caleb's dvd. Benjamin isn't the only cute great-grandbaby!...I really hope they can meet some day!) Grandpa seemed really touched by your messages. (Dan added photos.) Good Job! We plan to play it again in Latrobe tomorrow when the rest of the family is gathered.

4 comments:

  1. When they sang Happy Birthday to Grandpa in church, Pastor Janet asked him what was his secret to living to 90, he said "no secret, it just happens" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I like that. =) "It just happens" I'm glad he had a good first party. Thanks for the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww =) I'm glad he's getting so much love and attention =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the photo of Benjamin sitting on Grandpa's lap, I can actually see a lot of Matthew in that baby's face. =)

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: