This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 7: Just A People-Talking Day!

What a wide variety of people I have met today!

I talked with Janet, Grandpa's pastor, who has a daughter getting married next month. I asked if she was going to officiate at the wedding. Katie, her daughter, just wants her mom to be her mom on that day! Awww! (Saw a picture of Katie at her bridal shower wearing a white Mickey Mouse hat holding on a veil!)

We went to John and Paulette's house and had her famous pretzel salad! Yum! She serves it because she knows I love it so much...Now that's a good friend!

Paulette's daughter, Lynsie, Lynsie's husband, and her baby that's just a couple of weeks older than Caleb was there, too. Baby Peter was born without one of his heart chambers. He had one operation soon after birth, and awaits another one on June 7. But he looks healthy, he looks like Paulette...and he allowed me to hold him a few minutes! (He does the funniest thing with his feet. If you hold him so his feet touch the floor, he picks up one foot at a time like he's trying to walk...especially if his mom is nearby. Reminds me of those dogs you hold above water and they make swimming motions!)

This young couple just returned from Scotland, where Nathaniel (Lynsie's husband) just finished his masters degree. We had a good time talking about their experiences, culture stresses (both there, and upon returning to the States), and seeing pictures of Scotland.

Paulette's son, Kevin, was at dinner, too, with his 4-year old, Noah. Before dinner, Noah and I built a castle out of blocks. It had a door that only opened if you knew the password. (This made Noah and I friends, and he made sure I sat by him at dinner. I was honoured!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please talk back to us, we like it: