OK...I'll tell.
Yesterday morning I awoke to a knocking sound. I had slept deeply all night long (which is a triumph for jet-lag), but it was about 10:00am. I saw Dan was up and figured he was in the bathroom across the hall and had run out of toilet paper or something. (I need to mention this was taking place upstairs on the second floor.) My eyes were blurry and my hair a mess. I knocked on the bathroom door, but no answer, so turned to go back to the bedroom. I heard the knock again and returned and yelled through to Dan, but he just asked what I wanted. I heard the knock the third time. I looked to the left and there was the gutter cleaner man looking through the window! His ladder had fallen and he was stuck on the roof. There I was with a flimsy nighty and bleary eyes trying without success to take the storm window off to open the other window. There was Dan in his birthday suit about to step into the shower. I told Dan about the gutter guy and went to look for grandpa, who I think was asleep also. Poor gutter guy was probably wondering how he was going to get off the roof with the house filled with inept people. Finally Dan appeared, complete with jeans to rescue him, while I hid in the bedroom.
Another day, another adventure!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please talk back to us, we like it: