OK...This may not be on the radar in New Zealand, but in Pittsburgh it's HUGE! Terrible Towels were flying all over the place. And remember Kirsty Ally from Star Trek, Cheers, and Weight Watchers? She came in second. (I understand she has a huge fan base, and she lost lots of weight throughout the dancing series.) We learned Hines was born in Korea. (His mother is Korean and his father Afro American.) His mother brought him to the USA when he was school age because in Korea in those days mixed-raced kids were not treated well. Hines' mom was in the audience as well as some big Steeler football players from past and present. He seemed to dance with the most joy, and seemed truly a nice guy! I'm glad he won!
Even though it's not football season, the Steelers usually practice in Latrobe in Aug. Dan was hoping to watch them since we'll be here, but there's a strike going on right now. Hopefully it will be all settled soon. (I bet Hines Ward will be in good shape and quick on his feet this season!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yay! I'm glad he won! Was Grandpa excited? =)
ReplyDelete