This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Thursday, October 27, 2016

2016 Trip to the States: "Little Things... and not so little!"

Our days are filled with a multitude of little things.  In between the busy weekends of speaking in churches, we've been talking with the Rocks, eating, doing the wash, going shopping, and working on printing various materials at Kinkos.

Paulette Rock's sister just died two days ago, so we've been acting as a sounding board.  The viewing was today and the funeral tomorrow.

Caught working!
Today, we printed out "adopt a missionary" little papers with photos for Lillian, Diane, and Elton in Papua New Guinea...in case anyone from the churches we speak at would want to financially support a PNG national.  

We took a quick tour through Toys R Us to see if we could find those noodley things with connectors that you guys used to have.  I remember you built cars and houses...and swords.  I can't remember what they're called and can't seem to find them anywhere.

I'm working through Psalm 91 in my quiet time.  I'm fascinated with the phrase "resting in the shadow of the Almighty."  Sounds wonderful.

2 comments:

  1. I love the adopt a missionary idea! Give Pauley te a hug from us! The noodle things were Laurie's so maybe she knows

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: