This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

2016 Trip to the States: "Cross-Country Meet!"

Yesterday I attended my first cross-country meet.  Drew raced with the Junior Varsity team and did the best he's ever done (by a minute and a half). He finished in the middle of the pack after running 3 miles.


This first picture is after the first lap (of 3) - Drew's in the middle in the black & gold.




 


Grandma and I sat in chairs near the finish line.  Since the race was 3 laps, we saw the face of the runners after every mile.  By the end, we could see that Drew gave it his all!  I'm a proud auntie! 
At the end of the race
 =====================================
From Dan: Here are 2 buttons from Drew's running: the black one is from track last year and the black/gold one is from cross-country this year.
 


1 comment:

Please talk back to us, we like it: