Dan found some peach tea from Turner's Dairy today. (You know, dairy as in milk company, not as in NZ "mom and pop" store.) Turner's Dairy is where all the gradeschools in Pittsburgh took a fieldtrip so the kids could see where their milk cartons came from. For me in Portland, it was Alpenrose Dairy. In fact, Alpenrose advertised by having Shetland ponies tied to a spoke-like device that allowed them to walk slowly in a circle. I think the ponies showed up at fairgrounds and supermarket parking lots. You probably had to pay for your child to ride the ponies...I don't remember, because I was the child that always wanted to ride! Lucky day when I actually got to go on a real live pony. I felt like I could conquor the Wild West, and was sure I looked like a cowgirl!
Monday, August 1, 2011
Day 85: Nostalgia!
Dan found some peach tea from Turner's Dairy today. (You know, dairy as in milk company, not as in NZ "mom and pop" store.) Turner's Dairy is where all the gradeschools in Pittsburgh took a fieldtrip so the kids could see where their milk cartons came from. For me in Portland, it was Alpenrose Dairy. In fact, Alpenrose advertised by having Shetland ponies tied to a spoke-like device that allowed them to walk slowly in a circle. I think the ponies showed up at fairgrounds and supermarket parking lots. You probably had to pay for your child to ride the ponies...I don't remember, because I was the child that always wanted to ride! Lucky day when I actually got to go on a real live pony. I felt like I could conquor the Wild West, and was sure I looked like a cowgirl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I don't know if Turners actually still makes milk, but their peach ice tea was great :-)
ReplyDeleteYeah I was wondering where the connection between dairy and ice tea existed? =P I'd sure like to see pictures of mom as a cowgirl!
ReplyDeleteI was trying to imagine peach-iced-tea flavored milk...then I figured it out hahaha =) Do you want a pony for christmas, Mom? =P
ReplyDelete