This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Day 95: Eyes Closed!


We went to Kennywood amusement park today! Dan had hoped to be able to go, but wasn't sure that it would happen. Rollercoasters, lines, people, water rides (and sun to dry us off in between), junk food...fun. Because I was with Dan and he's a lot more brave than me, I stuck by my strategy of keeping my eyes closed when riding scary rides. (The speed and motion are exhilerating without scaring myself so bad I can't enjoy it.)

We spent 4 hours by ourselves, then Steve, Eric, & Sara arrived to ride with us. Sara went with Dan on some rides that I didn't want to do. And Dan rode 2 rides incuding the merry-go-round, that made him dizzy, but he said that it was worth it!

Sara talked me into riding the volcano - she said that it went around & around and since Dan & Steve don't do spinny rides, I went with her. Once we were sitting in the ride, I said "it just goes around & around, right", and she said yes, it goes around and then it goes up and down. This is the description that Kennywood gives about it (which I didn't know until after): "The namesake of Volcano Valley, this ride consists of 20 swinging gondolas traveling in a circular motion. The entire ride lifts to a 90-degree, spinning the riders upside down." I enjoyed it, as long as I kept my eyes shut. :-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you guys had the chance to go!! I love that place and I love it when people I know go and enjoy themselves. Still a little jealous though. =P I'm surprised closing your eyes makes it less scary (especially the roller coasters because you don't know when you're going to drop!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, it's so true! Mom and I did this one one of the rides... the space ship, alien one. made it so much more fun haha =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so brave Mom =) It sound like so much fun you had!!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: