It was more fun than I thought. I was Hines Ward, "Big Ben," the former coach, Cowher, and others...all up pretty close. One end of the field practiced passes and catches, the other end practiced tackles.
What was really cool was that there seemed to be a lot of mentoring going on. (Hines talking with other receivers, the H.S. football team at one end of the field, retrieving footballs, etc.) And the night ended with fireworks, paid for by the Steeler organization (I think so the people would be occupied when the team left the field.)
See, this is why we need to live in the States for a little bit - I'd love to be part of this world for a while! =)
ReplyDeleteYay!!! Dad's always wanted to see them practice ever since he heard that they practice in Latrobe =)
ReplyDeleteI did - and it was fun, even though I didn't know most of them. We got to the stadium just as 7 school busses arrived with the team - and saw Ben walk past us. The ladies around me were all yelling "Ben", but he was not looking at them (though I could tell he heard them) - so I yelled "Hey Ben!" and he turned and laughed. It was great!
ReplyDelete