We were to meet with a missions committee in a home of some friends who live in a rural setting. Before the meeting, I was walking in their back yard and came face to face with a fox. (OK, he was maybe 5 meters away.) He stared at me and I stared at him. I turned away, glanced back, and yup...he was still there, frozen, just staring.
We gathered with the missions committee on the screened porch in back of the house. Right in the middle of a story about the islands, a buck with a big rack of horns walk under the apple tree to get a snack. He was kinda behind a wood pile, so was a little hard to see. (I didn't mind being interrupted because I wanted to see him, too!)
After a while and another couple of stories, along came a doe, shortly followed by her two fawns. They, too, were drawn to the apple tree. We got a good look at them before they went behind the woodpile.
There was also a bunny who made an appearance hopping by. However, even though we all stopped our conversation to look at him, the bunny was sort of anticlimactic after the previous deer show.
On top of all this excitement, the missions committee decided to adopt us as their missionaries and we speak in the church's adult Sunday School class in two weeks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow! That's so cool! What a fantastic day! :-)
ReplyDelete