Dan recently got a devotional book. It's written as if Bible characters run for a while with the reader as the reader is "running his race." The characters join the run for a whileand impart some of the life lessons they've learned. As they leave, another character joins the runner and does the same.
I'm coming to see our furlough like that. As we meet with friends and ministry partners, we get to hear their stories of what's going on in their lives and learn what God's teaching them. We share our own stories as well. When we leave one friend, we meet up with another.
I like that picture. Honestly, some stories pull at my heart and I wish there was more I could do to help. The idea that we're put on this earth to run beside each other for a time and to encourage one another in our running, is helpful for me. I can't run somebody else's race for them. I can't even carry them. (That's God's job.) But I can run beside them for a time...and they can run beside me. What joy, encouragement, sympathy, wisdom, and understanding there is in fellowship!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great picture! Thank you for sharing so honestly about your trip. =)
ReplyDelete