Hello, it's me, Dan... Kaylynn's computer is having trouble connecting to the Internet today, so I get to write the blog tonight!
Two years ago we planned our time here in Iowa to include the Iowa State Fair - the big one! This year we won't be here for the fair, but we are here for the announcement today of what food will be at the fair!
People used to go to the fair to see the side show with the bearded lady and the cow with 2 heads, etc - but now people go to see what strange food they will see.
At the Texas fair they had deep-fried beer (I have no idea what that looks like)! At the Ohio State Fair, they had deep-fried cherry gummy bears dipped in vanilla batter, topped with powdered (icing) sugar on a stick.
I'm attaching 2 articles you can read which highlight the new foods this year in Iowa - but I'd like to try the brisket (beef) with jalapeño cheese, wrapped in bacon (8 oz, or 227g), smoked, then slathered in chilli sauce all on a stick!
Enjoy... And don't drool too much :-)


Oh man! I'm with you dad - that looks awesome! Emily and I will have to compare note from the food show. ;)
ReplyDeleteThe ultimate bacon explosion!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe ultimate bacon explosion!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete