This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Day 5: Pirates!


This afternoon we went to a Pirate game with the Mairoses, Kim Daugherty, and Sean.  We sat right by the left field catcher, along the baseline...hoping to catch the homerun ball that would win the game!  Oh well, no caught baseball...and the Pirates didn't win with a homerun.  They won because the other side's pitcher hit the batter with the ball when the bases were loaded.  It was the bottom of the ninth with a tie score.  Poor Cubs.  Yahoo for the Pirates and the batter who "took one for the team!"  It was fireworks night at the baseball park, so it was a wonderful way to end the winning game!

4 comments:

  1. I came home and had a hotdog after hearing about the game .. That's what I associate with baseball :-P I've been showing your photos to Caleb - poor kid has croup but the photos have been putting a smile in his face :-) glad you're all having fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He seems to recognise dad and will shout "gapa!" =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel craved hotdogs...I 'craved' the buffalo wings we used to eat at baseball games with Grandpa =)

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: