This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Day 2: "Shower" of Blessing

I've never had a shower at the airport before (nor particularly wanted one there), but I'm telling you......!

I didn't sleep much on the plane last night, but on the bright side, I did read my new book straight through.  After arriving in San Francisco, knowing we had an 6-hour layover (which has turned an 8-hour layover), we decided to try out this idea of paying for a shower.  I can truly recommend it as a way to revive to the point of feeling human again.  What's more, this particular facility had massage chairs!  Although having a chair prod me made me a little tense, (which could defeat the purpose,) I'm sure it loosened things up a little.


After downing our traditional sourdough clam chowder, we're "parked" in the United Club Lounge.  Never having been in airport lounges before, I'm becoming a fan.  In my humble opinion, the Sydney lounge is better than San Francisco's.  (Bigger couches and fewer people in Sydney.)  Still, the atmosphere here is a lot calmer and more relaxing than trying to find seats at an empty gate or outside the airport food court area.  (And there's coffee, juice, and snacks in here.)  True, there's a cost involved in using this facility, but with this long trip and unbelievably long layovers, it's a lovely thing.  God is good.



To Laurie:  So sorry to hear about poor Muffin.  She was a sweet guinea pig friend.  So sorry you were there all by yourself...Praying for you!

1 comment:

  1. Nice to hear that the showers revived you to the point of feeling human again! I had one in the midst of my non-sleeping/assignment-working days and I had a similar experience =)
    Thanks for the message; I appreciate it <3

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: