This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 80: Sound of Music!


Last night Dan and I went to see Sound of Music of a stage downtown (to finish Part 2 of our anniversary celebration.) How nice it was to sit and sort of veg out...and listen to some incredible voices and enjoy a good story!

We thoroughly enjoyed the show. We discovered the play puts "My Favorite Things" at the beginning during a conversation with the Rev. Mother about childhood songs. During the storm, Maria and the kids sing the goatherd song.

When we got home, Sean's wife, Rebekah said she played Lisel in her high school musical of the Sound of Music. (Only she was really 17-going-on-eighteen, and the guy who played Rolph was 16-going-on 17...)

9 comments:

  1. Oh golly, that's a fancy place. I'm glad you had a good time. =) You know, only the last time I watched the Sound of Music, I realised that Edelweiss is a flower! It all makes sense now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds like so much fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "High on a hill lived a lonely goatherd, lay o de lay o de lay hee hoo!" from the puppet show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooooh, hence the random puppet show! I always thought that seemed oddly out of place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do they sing that song twice then??? Or is it instead of the puppet show? =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, they sang the Favourite Things song in the Abby with the Rev Mother, and so they couldn't sing it during the rain storm - that's why they sang the goat song in Maria's bedroom. There was no puppet show.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They also sang Do-Ra-Mi in the house when Maria first met the kids (they liked each other from the start), so there was no singing running around the town or in the mountain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, that's how I remember it when I played Louisa in the production in Fiji. I always wondered why they sang "Favourite Things" in the storm. :) Interesting how they change things for movies.

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: