This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 9: "Maroon!"

It was a day of new discoveries:

A giantly tall can of Dr. Pepper...


And a car that doesn't need a key!


We traded cars, and for the borrowed Camry (which I understand,) we now are driving Tracy's maroon Nissan.  The Nissan has a remote control thingy.  When you approach the car...no need for a key:  just push the car door handle button...and, "whoosh, she opens."  (It senses the remote thingy in your pocket.)  To start the car...no need for a key:  just push the start button.  (But make sure your foot is on the brake!)

I wonder if years from now we will be a keyless society.  (No more baby plastic keys for little ones to chew on!)


4 comments:

  1. Great to hear what you've been up to :-) not sure I'm ready for keyless cars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was actually thinking about keys the other day. How they are an old invention and are probably due to be outdated soon. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got spoiled! I walked up to the front door of the house and touched the door knob, but it didn't unlock for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incidentally, the Dr Pepper was a double can: 710 ml (24 oz). It was great, but got lukewarm before I finished it. I would have preferred to have 2 cans so that the 2nd half can stay cold until I get to it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: