This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Day 8: "Dan vs. GPS google!"

Getting around yesterday was a bit of a challenge!  For some reason, google navigation on the phone was not as timely or as accurate as we could have wished.  In fact, Dan the the gps "lady voice" had a few disagreementsIt would tell us to turn after we passed an intersection, or was delayed in showing us where we were, or mispronounced street names, etc.  

Once, we  turned down a wrong street...which happened to be a dead-end with no side streets.  Just as we did a U-turn, a BIG truck pulled out of a driveway ahead, got stuck, and blocked our exit for at least 3 minutes as he went forwards & backwards a few times!


Dan was heard to say, "She'll get over it!"...meaning the google voice, when they had a disagreement of how to get somewhere.

Click on me (I look better enlarged)
BUT... no matter how long we took, driving around was made so pleasant by the view of Mt. Hood out the window.  I've lived in many places, but nothing quite warms my heart like the sight of that mountain.  It's a friendly, comforting image and the very familiar!

1 comment:

  1. I think I would have enjoyed hearing dad argue with the GPS. =) Nice view of Mt. Hood!

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: