Probably the funniest thing took place at the start of our road trip. Dan was paying our hotel bill, so I told him I'd just put my armful of stuff in the car and come back. I opened the car door, placed my breakfast coffee in the cup holder and the computer and jacket on the backseat. I closed the door and attempted to push the button on the car remote to lock it...and it didn't "beep tweet." Dan was coming out the hotel door, took one look at me and said, "What are you doing? Our car is over here!" Oops. I had unloaded my stuff into some stranger's unlocked car! As I quickly grabbed my stuff and hurried to our car, it dawned on me that, yes, that car's floor WAS a lot cleaner than ours. (There was no half-eaten bag of pretzels on the floor! In my defense, the cup holder was exactly the same!)
Two business signs that I enjoyed (I collect creatively named business signs I see or hear about): On a small hotel or motel, "Dandy-li- Inn." The other is a hair salon called, "Pat on the Head." (I wonder if the owner's name is Pat.)
The Baseball Hall of Fame is a museum of three floors containing all things "baseball." I especially enjoyed a room displaying paintings of baseball game scenes, and another room of a famous baseball photographer's work. (One photo was of a pitcher about to throw a ball and in the background a firework was going off exactly where the pitcher's hand was. It looked like he was hurling fire!)
![]() |
| On the left of screen you can choose which clip to play |
![]() |
| Pirate locker |
![]() |
| New Zealand made it into the museum |
![]() |
| Dan's dad had his picture like this |
There were some great quotes from very special athletes. I decided Hank Aaron was a favorite of mine. Two different presidents gave him humanitarian awards.
New caution signs I've seen: a picture of a snowmobile, and a sign that said, "It can wait. Text stop rest area, five miles."
After seeing many dead deer on the road, near the end of our trip a deer did cross the highway in front of us. As Dan slowed down and looked at where she came from, sure enough...another stepped out to follow her. Yahoo! Up close and personal, without crashing into them!








Sounds like you had a great time 😊
ReplyDelete