Paulette then took us to a cafe for lunch so that we could discover the joy of what a Devonshire turkey sandwich was. (Answer: An open-faced turkey/ tomato sandwich smothered in gooey melted cheese...to the point where you couldn't see the bread, turkey, or tomato...with 3 strips of bacon on top.) I think this could be adapted into a family casserole dish. Hmmmm.Another discovery: Hardy Boys books in the house. I'm sneakily reading them on the down-low and having great fun! (Maybe not so sneakily because everyone knows I'm doing it.)
Dan discovered a cute sign in the men's room at Eat 'N Park...(Remember the place famous for its smiling cookies?) We were meeting a couple from the Wilkinsburg Church. Cute, huh?We've also discovered that Lindsey (Rock) now lives in Leesburg. We're on our way there tomorrow to stay with Sean and Rebekah and speak at their church on Sunday. How's that for a small world. Paulette is sending a care package with us in case we can see Lindsey and her family.
We drove by Grandpa's old house yesterday and discovered pumpkins in the front tree!

Yay, Grandpa's house looks loved. 😊
ReplyDelete