The direct flight from Auckland to Chicago was great. The hiccups came before we got on the plane.
Dan brought his neck pillow (You know the kind of half-circle thing you wear on your neck to help when sleeping sitting up?). He carried it on top of his wheelie carry-on around the handle. After checking in, we decided to get some dinner before boarding the plane. While in line to order, someone bumped into Dan and a little later he discovered his pillow was gone.
After dinner, we bought another pillow from an airport shop on the way to our gate.
Also, I didn't realize I had a pair of scissors and an Xacto knife in my art pencil case in my carry-on. When the security woman found that, not only did she confiscate my sharp tools, but I saw her in the back showing my Xacto knife to a co-worker. Boy, did I feel like a criminal!
Just before arriving in Chicago, Dan couldn't find his neck pillow. He looked all around our seat, asked the people sitting in the rows around us...nothing. We looked suspiciously at all the passengers wearing neck pillows, wondering if they came onto the plane with those pillows. Dan was so discouraged. However, when everyone was standing up to exit the plane, I looked across to the other aisle on the opposite side of the plane, and saw a neck pillow all by itself in an overhead compartment. Dan called across and asked if the pillow belonged to anyone. A lady said she found it and just put it up there. Yahoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please talk back to us, we like it: