This year (2016) we are here in the States for 42 days (October 4 to November 16)!

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 47: "Some New Things!"

I don't think you can travel without being introduced to new ideas.  Here's just a small smackeral of some new concepts that have come my way:

      - A pretzel bread hamburger bun

    - A book, The Prodigal God, was recommended.  (It's not about God running away.)  I think the word "prodigal" means something like extravegant spending...like what God paid in order to have a relationship with us.
Serious Catan players

    - The game, Settlers of Catan, comes in a seafarers edition.  Instead of building roads, you can build pathways across the sea with boats.  

    - Beets can be boiled and served like potatoes.

    - A grandma (or anyone) can make a book for a child by cutting pictures out of magazines and sticking them in a scrapbook and writing a story about them.

     - I heard a couple of Christian songs on the radio I really like:  "Don't Try So Hard" by Amy Grant (http://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=WKPLY7NX), and "One Thing Remains" by Kristian Stanfill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoYgi0sdOqc).

     - A TV reality show called "Duck Dynasty" is wildly popular.  It's an unlikely-to-succeed concept about backwoods millionaires with scraggily beards who make duck calls.  It's a HOOT!  These guys have a quiet, understated humour...and they seem to be Christians, (although that's understated as well.)

2 comments:

  1. Love the photo! Glad Dave and Melanie could be there at the same time. =) I, um, couldn't help but notice dad's hair is still holding up amongst the males in the group. =P

    ReplyDelete

Please talk back to us, we like it: